Samuel Curtis's Botanical Magazine is one of the longest-running magazines in history. First published in England around 1787, it was published under its original name until 1984, when it was bought by The Kew Magazine. Until about 1840, the plates were copper-engravings. After that time, they were produced by lithography. Curtis's prints include some of the most beautiful work in the genre of the last two hundred years, and are increasingly sought-after. All Curtis botanical prints in our stock feature original hand color.